Armand De Brignac Brut Gold 750ml: A Flagship Luxury
The initial cuvée launched by Armand de Brignac, the Gold Brut stands as the brand’s hallmark. During a festive New Year’s gathering in Chigny-les-Roses, the Cattier clan aspired to craft a premier cuvée that would encapsulate modern luxury yet echo the deep-rooted winemaking heritage of Champagne. At the heart of Armand de Brignac’s ethos lies a deep respect for the art of blending – weaving together different vintages, terrains, and grape varietals.
A delightful medley of peach, apricot, and red fruit scents, complemented by crystallised citrus, floral notes of orange blossom, and subtle hints of brioche. The taste palette indulges in cherry, tropical fruit, complemented by undertones of lemon, vanilla, and honey. Its distinctively velvety texture, augmented with a slight toasted nuance, stems from Armand de Brignac’s signature dosage aged in French oak barrels for a year.
Perfectly served as a starter drink or accompanied with delicacies like seared scallops, roasted quail, or freshwater fish.
This Champagne showcases its excellence when savoured now. However, for those seeking a vintage experience, it can be stored under optimal conditions until 2025.
- GOLD BRUT as featured on ARMANDDEBRIGNAC.COM
- 95 points by Christelle Guibert, Decanter Magazine, November 2016
- 93 points, described as “Refined and harmonious with excellent equilibrium” by Anthony Dias Blue, The Tasting Panel, April 2016
- Awarded ✭✭ ‘Uncommonly Outstanding’ by Christie’s World Encyclopedia of Champagne & Sparkling Wine (2014 Edition) penned by Tom Stevenson & Essi Avellan MW
- Praised for its “Robust, extended finish, hinting at honey yet retaining dryness. Rated 17.5/20” by Jancis Robinson.com.