What is raw, natural kombucha?
- Kombucha is a delicious beverage!
- It starts with a sweet tea that is cultured using a SCOBY which eats the sugar and leaves behind healthy vitamins, acids, and probiotics.
- It is then infused with fresh fruit and ginger to add flavor and a bit of fizz.
What are its health benefits?
- Kombucha’s living cultures are known to help aid digestion and boost immunity. It dates back to 221 BC in China and East Asia, and has regained popularity across the world as a delicious, healthy beverage.
- It is a living beverage packed with millions of probiotics and healthy vitamins (particularly B vitamins and vitamin C) and acids (glucuronic acid, gluconic acid, lactic acid, acetic acid, butyric acid, malic acid and usnic acid).
- Due to its live nature, you may find strands of healthy culture. This is a good sign that the product is living and active being bottled so it offers all of the health benefits of a raw, natural kombucha.
- For more on scientific health benefits, see here
How should I drink it? Should it be fizzy?
- You can enjoy Booch on its own, in a mocktail, or even a cocktail!
- Though it’s fermented, it has <1% alcohol (similar to fresh juice).
- The effervescence in Booch products is 100% naturally occurring and can vary from batch to batch and bottle to bottle.
- Unlike soda, the effervescence actually increases over time; therefore fresher product tends to be on the quieter side. The quality and benefits are still present in our Kombucha even if the effervescence is not.
How do I store Booch?
As a natural product, Booch needs to be stored in a refrigerator. This ensures that further fermentation does not continue.